Friday, November 12, 2010

{Just say NO}

This is a phrase that is useful in so many ways. What I am specifically talking about is saying no to things that will leave you over-extended and stressed out. I don't know about you you but I always am finding myself in the position of automatically saying yes to everything asked of me. No thought involved. I swear I hear the words hey would you mind? . . or, could you possibly?. ..  or I have a favor to ask of you, and I say yes. I don't even know what the thing IS that I have just agreed to, but I have said yes. I find myself VOLUNTEERING for things also that I know I do not have time for too. Gaaah! I mean seriously? Am I the only one that has this problem?


As I have been trying to simplify my life and get back down to the root of things that really matter to me I have come across this idea. When we say yes to something or someone outside the home, we are saying no to someone inside of it. Upon hearing this I began to look at saying no differently. I wasn't saying no to get out of helping someone, I was saying no to give the attention that is so desperately needed to my family and my children. We should help with what we can and who we can, but it should not take priority over our family. Family IS the most important thing in our lives next to God. 

So to shorted this post into one sentence.
Say no to everything you truly do not have time for.

No comments:

Post a Comment