Thursday, December 2, 2010

{Storytime for me review}

<a style="display: none;" href="http://www.tomoson.com/?code=TOP20cadab4a23d83d23b85d85e5bb3ede5"><span></span></a>


I had the opportunity to review a couple of electronic books from Storytime for me over the past couple of weeks. I have three kids that LOVE books and LOVE to read any scrap of paper they can find. My 4 year old is starting to be very interested in learning to read by himself so I was so excited for these interactive books.  We chose these two books to read. . .





Here are the PROS:
      It is very easy for kids to use. As the narrator is reading the words are highlighted in yellow so that they can see as well as hear the word! GREAT for little kids learning to read.
      Good subjects for the books handling everything from dealing with emotional situations to learning about other countries.
      Great selection of many different books.
      The books are very useful when you don't have time to read that book for the 21st time in a row and you need to get dinner started. :) They can do it themselves.
      I asked my 4 year old if he liked the books and he said "Yes mommy, I really liked the book"
      There are different options for reading the book ie automatic page turn or manual page turn.

Now for the CONS:

  • Call me old fashioned but I enjoy paper books.
  • The narrator can sound a bit choppy, but when kids are first starting to read it can be helpful to separate each word.
  • The animation can be a bit cheesy
  • The books are short 2-3 minutes
  • Books can be expensive if you order one at a time, but are a great deal if you buy a bunch at once.
Conclusion:

So all in all I think that they are a good product for busy moms that need help reading with their children. Good price for the product (1.18 a book if you buy 50 credits) For myself I will most likely stick to regular books. There just is something magical about the good old paper books.



If you would like to try it out before you buy it Storytime for me has offered all my readers 2 book credits for free!!! Thanks guys! Follow this link to sign up and receive your two free books.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using <a href="http://www.tomoson.com/?code=BOTTOM20cadab4a23d83d23b85d85e5bb3ede5">Tomoson.com</a>. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson <a href="http://www.tomoson.com">Product review</a> & <a href="http://www.tomoson.com">giveaway</a> Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment